If you want to get an edge on the competition in 2018, then you need to know the latest facts and figures about SEO or Search Engine Optimization for small businesses. This year, the majority of website owner plan to use SEO or Search Engine Optimization as a key tactic to increase website traffic and leads. Most are using blogs, rich content, responsive and mobile friendly websites, photo and video to capture the attention of prospective customers and leads. As a business owner or small business marketer, need to understand the SEO or Search Engine Optimization for small business to jump on this important opportunity.
Importance of SEO
SEO or Search engine optimization increases both the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through unpaid search engine results. A various factors contribute to this as search engines evaluate the health and helpfulness of your website to serve up results. The stronger your website content and design, the higher you will rank on search engine results page or SERP over time.
Most SEO techniques revolve around pleasing the Google algorithm to achieve a higher ranking on search engine results page or SERP. If you run a business website ranking is important. It allows customers to find you.
SEO for Small Business
Small businesses must compete with three distinct entities for market share.
- They compete with other small businesses in the local market.
- They compete with big corporations that use their vast reach and reputation to saturate the globe.
- Small businesses compete with online-only options with low overhead and innovative features. With all this competition, smart small businesses owners are always looking for ways to gain an market share.
Why SEO is important for small businesses?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO remains one of the most cost-effective ways to engage customers or clients. Whether you do the work in-house or outsource, the rupee value far exceeds traditional marketing methods. You have the chance to meet online users at the ideal time in their decision making process. You can provide information that answers their key questions and pain points. Then, they are happier to choose your business as the brand they trust.
To prove the importance of Search Engine Optimization or SEO for small businesses, we have collected 19 stats to influence your marketing plan for 2018. SEO Stats is even more important at the local level, creating a boon for small businesses. If you want to capture your local market, then you should give attention to these important search statistics.
User Behaviour Stats
Each year, internet use increases rapidly among all populations and devices. By the end of 2017, some major changes occurred. Notably mobile use outranked desktop for the first time. This means most people are using the internet on mobile devices. If you don’t have a responsive website for mobile, now is the time to update your design.
- 46% of the global population used the internet in 2017.(Statista, 2018)
- 65,260 googlesearches are performed every second. (Internet Live Stats, 2018)
- 3 searches are performed each day the average online searcher. (Moz, 2017)
- 50% of all website traffic worldwide was generated through mobile phones in 2018. (Statista, 2018)
- 73% of smartphone owners use search first. (Think with Google, 2018)
- 2 out of 3 of people ages 60 and up go online. (Pew Research Center, 2017)
Search Query Behavior
Understanding typical search behaviour can help you create good content that ranks well for search engines. Notably, user intent has shifted to include an expectation for local results (I.e. best web design service in Mumbai ). Small businesses can take advantage of this through content planning.
- 3 words total are used in the search query. (Moz, 2017)
- 81% growth has been measured in “best” mobile searches in the past two years. (Think with Google, 2018)
- 152% growth has been recorded for “near me” searches. (Think with Google, 2017)
- 293 million photos were shared on Google Maps last year. (Google, 2018)
Recent Google Changes
Keeping yourself updated with Google’s algorithm can be difficult. However, you can get in on the biggest changes for the year. For example, snippets are getting longer. Also, Google is favouring secure websites who starts with ‘https://’. These are most important as you create a plan to update your content.
- 550-600 times each year, Google changes its search algorithm. (Moz, 2018)
- 232 characters for snippet length is now average compared to 162 in recent years. (Search Engine Land, 2017)
- 51% of first page Google results were secure (https) websites. (Moz, 2017)
Small Business Competition
If you don’t want to fall behind your competitors, then you should start a strong SEO or Search Engine Optimization plan now. Most marketers and Business Owner are planning to prioritize SEO in the coming year. Generating helpful information for clients, to meet your ideal customer’s pain points, will help you compete.
- 62% of marketers rank generating traffic as their top challenge. (HubSpot, 2017)
- 60% of marketers list improving SEO and search engine rankings as their top goal. (HubSpot, 2017)
- 51% of marketers prioritize blog content creation as their top initiative. (HubSpot, 2017)
Small Businesses Opportunities
For small businesses specifically, SEO or Search Engine Optimization can be a powerful tool. Additionally, local SEO or Search Engine Optimization can help connect you to prime customers or clients. Take advantage of the trend by building up your search engine ranking now.
- 24-34% more clicks occur on business listings with a website. (Google, 2018)
- 52% of Indian travelers want brands to tailor their information based on past behaviours or individual preferences. (Think with Google, 2018)
- 47% of people search for promotions or discounts online. (Google, 2018)
Whether you just started a fresh website or want to improve your current content, SEO allows you to increase both the quality and quantity of your website traffic. Smart business owners will take advantage of above SEO trend.
- Looking for Website design company in Mumbai ?
- Looking for Website design company in Surat ?
- Looking for SEO company in Mumbai ?
- Looking for SEO company in Surat ?
- Looking for Software development company in surat ?
- Looking for Software development company in Mumbai ?
- Looking for Social media marketing company ?
- Looking for Search engine marketing company ?